Tree Solutions 2009 Sudden Oak Death Recommendations & Information Update:
Due to the variations in treatment timing recommendations from the scientific community, and the absence of discussion on black oak dormancy, Tree Solutions arborists/licensed applicators are taking the conservative approach for the protection of your trees and recommending 12 month Agri-Fos application intervals, and early to mid October or spring treatment for properties with black oaks.
Tree Solutions recommends a comprehensive approach to SOD management:
1. Initial site analysis: tree identification with SOD susceptible species inventory, inspection of host plants in proximity of oaks, history of infections and oak mortality on the property and in the geographical area, Agri-Fos treatment plan.
3. An initial Agrifos application in spring (March/April) or fall (October/December).
4. A follow up application within approximately six months of the first.
5. Annual applications in the same season as #4, whether spring or fall.
6. Stem injection applications to be done in spring season when soil moisture content is good, or by specific recommendation, taking into account the site specifics, soil moisture availability from early rains, groundwater or irrigation, and manometer (internal water uptake) readings.
7. Identification of other tree management issues and stress factors with a plan for needed corrections to address site conditions and pest control
- tree structural integrity and hazard issues
- tree root collar disorders
- pest control – oak moth caterpillars, gold spotted oak borer, other oak bark beetles, pests and diseases
- site conditions review for optimum plant health care -, drainage, soil grade, fertility control import/export of plant materials